In response to the COVID-19 restrictions and social distancing safety measures, Reclink Australia has launched the Reclink Connect program. This new program is based upon the Reclink Australia traditions of socially engaging those most vulnerable in our community and is designed to keep the community as connected and engaged as possible during the COVID-19 restrictions.
The Reclink Connect program consists of the following six key components:
- Connect in each location with all known participants/players in our programs impacted by the COVID-19 restrictions, via weekly phone calls/emails/Facebook chats.
- Consult and coordinate our activities with member agencies who are also subject to restrictions to ensure no person is disengaged, and to ascertain the recreation/sports equipment needs in each supported residential setting.
- Distribute via the Reclink Sports Share program packs of sports equipment to all our member agencies and targeted families to build capacity, stay at home, keep active, and reduce boredom.
- Establish team communication platforms, blogs or chatrooms in each location for all participants to connect and maintain communication with each other, and the team as a whole.
- Create and regularly post new instructive drills, demonstrations and activities for participants to use to maintain their personal fitness and their connection with team training.
- Work with State Sporting Associations to deliver online training packages to participants i.e. AFL Level 1 Coaching, Umpire training and other relevant foundation training modules.
Reclink Sports Share packs filled with a variety of sporting equipment and activities and are distributed to member agencies to share with participants.
These packs provide the opportunity for participants to undertake a variety of sport and recreation activities from the safety of their homes. These are accompanied by online video content that includes engaging challenges and instructional videos with creative and fun ways to stay active at home.
A ball can save a life!
A donation as small as $5 to the Reclink Connect Sports Share Program can provide a ball to someone in need. Click below and donate today. Your generous donations allow us to get more Sports Share packs to Australians experiencing disadvantage.