Reclink Australia is the only national not for profit providing life changing sport and recreation opportunities to Australia’s most vulnerable communities. We are in the business of engaging marginalised members of our community through sport and fun. Through our programs, people find a way to come back into the community via fun, joy and supportive relationships. To learn more about us, please visit our website. https://www.reclink.org
ABOUT THE ROLE
Working closely with the Sport & Recreation Manager regional West and Central Victoria and reporting to Senior Reclink Sports Coordinator, the Reclink Sports Coordinator will be responsible for establishing new and building upon existing Reclink programs and sessions within the teams' region.
Based in the Shepparton region and funded through partners such as VicHealth to deliver a wide range of youth specific sport and recreation programs. Reclink programs aim to support and engage marginalised groups and people experiencing disadvantage, including but not limited to social isolation, mental health challenges, living with disability, and those looking to improve general health and wellbeing
To be considered for this role you will need:
- Qualifications from a recognised TAFE, College or University in Community Services, Sport and recreation, or similar discipline.
- Experience in any of Sport Development, Community Development, Health and Well Being, and Youth.
- Demonstrated experience in direct program delivery in sport and recreation, community development or a similar area.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
- Experience working effectively within community networks.
- Demonstrated ability to work harmoniously and constructively in a team setting with minimal supervision.
- Able to take the initiative, reliable and able to work independently, innovatively, and respectfully with diverse individuals and groups.
- Good level of IT knowledge, working with excel, word and PowerPoint, Online conference experience, social media and promotion.
- High level of time management and organisational skills and capacity to work effectively within tight time constraints.
- Volunteer Experience within the community sports sector.
You will stand out if you have:
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the issues faced by marginalised target groups.
- Demonstrated experience in establishing and maintaining positive working relationships within community networks.
- Experience in delivering Sport and Recreation sessions as a coach, teacher, or instructor.
BENEFITS AND PERKS
- Dynamic, fun, accepting and committed team and culture.
- Laptop and Mobile Phone.
- Salary Sacrifice Scheme and Tax-Free concessions applicable to NFP.
- The opportunity to make a real difference to the most vulnerable in our community.
- Growth and development opportunities.
- Flexible work opportunities.
A positive National Police Check and Working with Children’s Check is a condition of employment. If you have not commenced your Working with Children’s Check application, please do so by following this Job Seeker WWWC Card link www.workingwithchildren.vic.gov.au/
It is also a requirement of this role that you be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
This is a part time role (22.8 hours) working over 3 days. 12 months maximum term appointment commencing early January 2023 with the possibility of extension dependent on funding. A competitive remuneration will be paid at SCHaDS Level 3.1 plus superannuation with the option to increase your income through salary packaging. For further enquiries or to obtain a Position Description please email email@example.com
To apply for this rewarding job, please submit a one-page cover letter outlining why you would be perfect for this role addressing the criteria above, along with your resume. Applications will be shortlisted on a rolling basis so get your application in quick. Only applicants invited for interview will be contacted.
Applications will close 5pm Sunday 11 December 2022.